1. Do carpenter ants cause damage to your house?
Carpenter ants are known to cause the most damage of all the different species of ants that commonly infest structures.
2. How long does it take for carpenter ants to cause damage?
Also unlike termites, carpenter ants generally take years to cause significant damage.
3. Do carpenter ants go away on their own?
Once established, a carpenter ant colony isn’t likely to move away because you’ve cleaned up the place. Carpenter ants are always encroaching. If you’d like to know for sure that these wood chewers won’t make their home inside your home, get ongoing pest control like Certified Pest Removal.
4. How do you find a carpenter ant nest?
Carpenter ants prefer to nest in moist wood or structures already damaged by other insects. As a result, most carpenter ant nests are found in decaying wood in areas such as windows, chimneys, sinks, door frames or bath traps and in hollow spaces such as wall voids.
5. What attracts carpenter ants in a home?
Within a house, carpenter ants feed on proteins such as meats and pet food.