1. What is a stinging insect?
Insects such as bees, wasps, and fire ants use a stinger to defend themselves when they feel threatened.
2. What insects can sting repeatedly?
Unlike bees, which can only sting once because they die when they sting, wasps can sting multiple times, and their stings can be powerful.
3. What is the smallest stinging insect?
Fairy wasps (family Mymaridae) are tiny, feathery-winged parasitoid wasps.
4. Are Stinging insects dangerous?
The 2 greatest risks from most insect stings are allergic reaction (which can be fatal in some people) and infection (more common and less serious).
5. What is the most aggressive wasp?
Yellow jackets may actually be the most aggressive stingers known to man. They are one of the most common culprits when it comes to being stung in your own backyard.